Calling Academy started out using the school buildings of the old Vlaeberg Primêre Skool. More than 60 years ago, the farmers and community role players helped to establish the school to serve the children from the local farms.
Many of the current farmers in the area are grandchildren of those original owners of the property. They have ensured that the use of the property remains true to the vision and mandate of their grandparents. The site is situated amongst vineyards and has breath-taking views of Helderberg mountain.
The old building has the following facilities:
- 6 classrooms with data projectors.
- Reception area
- Learner bathrooms
- Sick / Recovery room
The following new facilities have been added before the start of the 2021 school year:
- 3 new prefabricated classrooms with data projectors
- 1 new prefabricated computer centre with computers and data projector
- 1 smaller classroom in the back of the computer centre
- Paved quad area with seating and trees
- Pathway with stairs to serve the new classrooms
A major building project rounded off the infrastructure development at the school during the latter part of 2021.
The project added the following before the start of the 2022 school year:
- Reception area with strong room
- Principal’s office
- Meeting lounge
- Staff bathrooms
- 1 classroom with a data projector and a staffroom that can double up as a medium sized meeting hall.
- Combined library, counselling area and music room, including a piano
- Stoep and pavilion stairs overlooking the soccer field, serving as assembly space.
The school has the following sport facilities:
- Soccer field
- Two cricket nets
- Access to two tennis courts of the Vlaeberg Tennis Club
- Access to a basketball court on a third tennis court at the tennis club