Calling Academy follows the national South African CAPS curriculum. We use a focused, but relevant, subject choice as a feature of our low cost model.
GRADE 8 AND 9 SUBJECT CHOICE
English Home Language
Afrikaans Additional Language OR isiXhosa Additional Language
Economic and Management Science
Learners have to indicate their choice of additional language for Grade 8 and 9 on their application forms.
GRADE 10 – 12 SUBJECT CHOICE
The subject choice listed below is the current subject choice for Grade 10 in 2020. This could be revised in future.
- English Home Language
- Life Orientation
- Computer Application Technology (except for learners who choose Art above CAT)
- Learners must choose four further subjects in addition to the compulsory subjects.
- Afrikaans First Additional Language OR isiXhosa First Additional Language
- Mathematics OR Mathematical Literacy
- Physical Science OR Business Studies
- Accounting OR History OR Life Science
Some learners take Art as a subject from Grade 10 at the PJ Olivier Art Centre in place of one of the above subjects. A few learners take Information Technology (IT) at Paul Roos Gymnasium. There is no guarantee that Art and IT are available as subjects each year.