At Calling, we deliberately structure our timetable to promote self-discipline and autonomous learning. We wish for our learners to develop their ability to study. Self-paced learning is there integrated into the school day. The aim of this approach is not merely to help learners get good marks, but to prepare them for studying at a tertiary level where these abilities are even more important.
A range of initiatives is in place to promote academic excellence at Calling, including:
- Mind-set investments in teachers and learners
- Deliberate promotion of autonomous learning through self-paced learning
- Integration of a digital study platform (School-in-a-Box) that allow in-class differentiation
- Integrating a flipped classroom approach where appropriate
- Use of the Oxford Tutorial Method to promote critical and structured thinking